Alberta Businesses for Sale
An Alberta business brokerage concentrating on Alberta businesses for sale.
Read and discover why Amazon says we are the busiest brokerage web site in Alberta (Details here).
Unless brightly noted, everything offered here is for our own Alberta clients. We do not ‘free ride’ on the work of others and have all your needed information in our notes or a quick phone call away.
We are a business brokerage bringing together buyers and sellers to explore a mutually beneficial transfer of commercial enterprise.
Our only mission is to bring together the buyers and sellers of privately owned businesses in Calgary, Edmonton, and other Alberta commercial centres.
I started brokering public companies in Calgary with Merrill Lynch back in 1977. I have owned or brokered private business since leaving Prudential Bache as VP Investments in 1990.
That was my turn to grab for the ‘brass ring’ with a new concept retail chain we named ‘The Wine Mine’.
It worked. Inside of ten years, we grew to 6 stores in Calgary and had just opened our first store in Regina. That is when a large national franchise chain knocked on my door and bought me out.
I’ve been on either side of many other transactions involving Alberta businesses for sale. I’ve been either the buyer, the seller, but mostly the broker bringing the buyers and sellers together.
What makes us different?
I know the Man in the Arena
Theodore Roosevelt spoke the words below in 1910. They describe many of the business owners I’ve met over the years. I know his words to be true because I was in there with you.
The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.
- For Buyers, every listing has full financials available for qualified buyers to review with their own accountants. We’ll work together with the seller to the point of agreeing on the commercial terms in a non-binding letter of intent. The letter of intent then goes to your lawyer to be incorporated into his template Business Purchase Agreement. This can save you a great deal in legal fees.
- For Sellers, there is never a demand for up-front fees or exclusive listings. That’s real estate; not business brokerage. A business broker working with active buyers does not need an exclusive listing. The pros never ask for one. Plus, using the Buyer’s lawyer to draft a purchase agreement from our non-binding letter of intent means your legal bills are also lower. You are simply paying your lawyer for a review of the other lawyer’s work to ensure it fairly reflects their letter of intent.
- For Sellers with revenues over $3 Million Also consider Maxima Divestitures to see if their services would be a better fit. We’ve worked well together for over 10 years.
- For other Brokers, I’ve learned that our best practice is to extend courtesy either by working together or paying referrals. Being a team player is the very best way to take care of our clients. I always welcome calls from other business brokers.
- The icing on the cake. Our experience in and understanding of the Alberta market has made us by far the busiest brokerage web site in Alberta (click to see Amazon’s current rating). Only we can make the promise that every active buyer in Alberta will know that a firm like yours is for sale.
Let’s keep this Alberta’s best business brokerage website. Please continue with your comments and suggestions about Alberta businesses for sale. Email us or simply use the Feed-Back box on the left edge of every page.
Read, enjoy, and do let me know of any typos you come across.
Thank you for visiting,
David Page | An Alberta Business Broker